Yes Francis Gary Powers was from around here.
I love Wikipedia. Anyways if you find something neat on it post it. If you find something wrong post it.
Anyway Nick Lechay was born near Lee County Va if this is true. Never knew that.
Nick Lachey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Francis Gary Powers is a Kentuckian By birth i guess. If this is true
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francis_Gary_Powers
GO VOLS
Yes Francis Gary Powers was from around here.
LOL I know that. Pound claims him. If you look at wikipedia people from Letcher county they have him listed as from there. Wich is most likely true. Just never thought him being not from Pound. Even tho he grew up in Pound. He was Born in KY.
GO VOLS
I don't really use wikipedia as a source but Nick Lachey is from Harlan I think.
I think he(Powers) was born in Kentucky but lived his life in Pound. He was born there because there really was no hospital in the immediate area except in Kentucky. Remember, he was born years before there was a 4-lane going to and from Wise.
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
Francis Gary is originally from Pound, although some of his later youth was spent elsewhere (Michigan and then Grundy - starting his Jr year in High school). I can say this with confidence - he's family from the Cumbo Hill/Powers Hill crew of Pound. My great grandfather Cumbo Powers and his grandfather were brothers.
Another wikipedia bit I found last night. "Emma" (Jayma Mays) from the Fox show Glee (yes I watch it - scoff if you want lol) is from Grundy and graduated from Radford University.
You'll shoot your eye out.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]
I like wikipedia. I can look up one thing and read for hours hitting links. I find some interesting things. Form criminals to famous folks being from somewhere you didnt know they were from.
Jayma mays is hot I watched some of glee last night she looks old onthat show.
Jayma Mays - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
GO VOLS
Speaking of folks from Buchanan county Va here is one that made the cover of time.
Roger Keith Coleman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
GO VOLS
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
Bookmarks